Welcome to Stonewall’s RESIST page. Want to get involved? Questioning how to deal with the current administration? Here are resources that YOU can use TODAY!
Run for office or seek appointment! Please contact Rosanna Herber, PAC Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. The PAC is developing a Boards and Commission program that will launch in the Summer. By the Fall, Stonewall intends to have a training developed for LGBTQ people who want to run for office. Use this handy guide that shows all the upcoming races in your zip code.
Represent Stonewall and participate in an event or march! If you are interested in participating and organizing a Stonewall contingent for an identified event in our calendar below, or a new one, contact Tim Kamermayer at email@example.com. We have a handy checklist and supplies to ensure your participatory success! Help us inspire others by taking charge.
Arm chair activist?
- ONE CALL A DAY: 5 calls a week will move mountains. Two US Senators, one Congressmember, one State Senator, one State Assemblymember. We have incredible power by making this simple, quick daily call. Politicians take note if they get 10 calls on an issue. Imagine the impact of hundreds!
- Learn how to write a letter to the editor or how to call your representatives.
- PERSONAL RAPID RESPONSE TEAM: Form a personal team with friends (this is how protests at local airports were organized after Trump signed the Muslim ban).
- JOIN! Your membership in Sac Stonewall means we can do more at a local level. Encourage others to join us too! Sign up online for emails.
- SUBSCRIBE: Support and use at least one trusted news source: PBS, New York Times, your local newspaper, etc. A strong and independent media more important than ever. Share stories on facebook, twitter, especially fact-based stories.
- HAVE SOME FUN, TOO- It’s serious business, but have some fun too.