Join the Sacramento Stonewall Democrats for our February Endorsement Meeting.
We will be considering endorsements for the races and candidates below. Each candidate has submitted a questionnaire about their support for the LGBTQ community. All questionnaires are available at sacstonewall.org/pac.
“Friendly” endorsement candidates have been endorsed by Stonewall in past elections. The candidates for endorsement below have been interviewed by the Stonewall PAC, which recommends that membership endorse the following candidates.
· Richard Pan, State Senate District 6
· Cathleen Galgiani, Board of Equalization District 3
· Ken Cooley, Assembly District 8
· Angelique Ashby, Sacramento City Council
· Darrel Woo, Sacramento City Unified School District Area 6
· Assembly District 6: Jackie Smith
· Sacramento City Council District 5: Jay Schenirer
· Sacramento County District Attorney: Noah Phillips
· Cosumnes Community Services District: Jaclyn Moreno
· Nevada County Board of Supervisors District 3: Hillary Hodge
The PAC did not vote to endorse in the Sacramento City Council District 7 race. The two candidates, current City Councilmember Rick Jennings, and candidate Tristan Brown, have been invited to speak and ask for endorsement by general membership.
This meeting is open to all Sac Stonewall members and those interested in joining! Only people who have been members at least 72 hours before the meeting can vote.
To join or renew your membership go to sacstonewall.org/join.
Unsure about your membership status? Email Kim Angulo at email@example.com
About Sacramento Stonewall:
The mission of the Sacramento Stonewall Democrats is to advance equal rights for all people, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. We will support public policies that advance that mission in the United States, the State of California, and the greater Sacramento area.
We help elect to public office qualified Democratic Party candidates who are openly lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender, as well as allies who support equal rights for the LGBT community.